Homemade Butter Cream Complete Recipe
We started today’s post with this question about how to make butter at home, which has come to me repeatedly through messages. I had already told you how to easily make homemade peanut butter (extensible to any other dried fruit), which I use in many of my recipes.
Today it’s the turn of regular butter, the one you buy from time to time because you think it’s impossible to do it at home. Commercial butter usually has refined oils, chemicals, and lots of ingredients added.
For you to make butter at home, you only need one thing: whipping cream (or cream of milk). With any whipping cream, you can do it, but if you want it to have an authentic flavor and be rich in nutrients, the option is fresh cleaned cream.
Homemade Butter Ingredients
- 1/2 liter fresh pasteurized cream
- With 1/2 liter of cream, you get between 170/180 grams of butter
Homemade Butter Making
- Place the cold cream in a bowl and start whipping with a low-speed rod mixer, so it doesn’t splash.
- When you have a little body, increase the speed, and keep beating for 10/15 minutes.
- After this time you will see that the cream has been cut and the fat has been separated from the whey. That fat is our butter.
- Take the butter and put it on a colander and this on a bowl. Fold and press with your hands to remove all the serum you still carry.
- Now put the butter in a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes. This is necessary to do so that the butter does not soften and also to wash it and remove any presence of whey. If the butter is left with whey remains it will sour very briefly.
- Once washed, place the butter back in the strainer and press again to remove any liquid residue.
- At this time you already have perfect natural butter, but you can if you wish to add salt flakes, chopped herbs or some spice. If you do it, knead so that the mixture is incorporated well.
- Put the butter in airtight glass jars and keep in the fridge for up to 15 days.