Nut Butter Or Seed Complete Recipe
You might think that making nut or seed butter is a tremendously simple task: It is to put them in a food processor and crush until it becomes a paste. True! But that is not everything.
- The raw material you use is the fundamental secret of success.
- You can make butter with any variety of nuts (nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pistachios, almonds, etc …) and also with seeds (sesame, pumpkin, sunflower … with chia does not work). But legumes and I have a recipe specifically for making peanut butter.
- Age matters! To achieve divine butter, you need to use nuts of excellent quality and young. If you hear it, young people. If you use old nuts, they will be dry; they will have lost juiciness by drying most of their oil, and when you crush, it will look like a pumice stone.
- In chopped ball! Hehe, don’t be scared we’re not going to do a striptease. What we need are bare nuts with no skin. If you crush nuts with the skin, you will add a lot of bitterness to the flavor, and the texture will be very coarse.
- Raw! Do not buy roasted and salted nuts, but raw. In this way, you control the right amount of salt to use, and you will make the toast yourself at home. Why toast them? I’ll tell you next.
- Homemade toast! You have to toast the dried fruit at home, either in an oven tray extended for a few minutes or in a pan on the fire, taking care that they only brown a little. At that time, it is where you have to proceed to crush. Being freshly roasted and tempered, they will release their own oil much easier, and therefore, the pasta we will get will be much more creamy and creamy.
Making of nuts
- Put the nuts or seeds to toast extended in the oven or a pan on the fire for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- Place in a food processor and start crushing. When a paste begins to form but has not yet started to release oil add the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep crushing until they release their oil and become a creamy and creamy paste.
- Place in a sealed glass jar and keep in the fridge.